By visiting any of our brand sites, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice. Unless you tell us otherwise, whenever you submit personally identifiable information to us online, you are giving your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, as described herein.
Civant Skin Care may collect data from our various brand websites through sampling offers, sweepstakes entries, newsletters, etc. We collect information (that you provide voluntarily) concerning your lifestyle/interests, preferences and attitudes to assist us in our product development and marketing. We are also interested in making your visits to our websites useful and enjoyable. We try to customize your website experience in a way that is tailored to your unique interests.
The information Civant Skin Care learns from customers helps us continually improve the services we provide to you. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: Civant Skin Care receives and stores any information you enter on our Web sites or give us in any other way. However, you can choose not to provide certain information. However, if you do so, then you might not be able to take full advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, fulfilling orders, awarding prizes for sweepstakes/contests, improving our service, and communicating more effectively with you.
- Civant Skin Care does not store any customer credit card information.
- Civant Skin Care does not read your private online communications.
- Civant Skin Care does not use any information about where you personally go on the Web and we do not give it out to others.
- Civant Skin Care does not give out your personally identifiable information such as telephone number, credit card information or screen names. Civant Skin Care also gives you the opportunity to correct your personal contact and other personally identifiable information that you have provided to us at any time.
- Civant Skin Care may use information about the kinds of products you buy to make other marketing offers to you, unless you tell us not to by opting-out via email.
- The information you provide may be used by Civant Skin Care to create and deliver to you newsletters, e-mails, surveys or other communications containing product information, offers, sweepstakes, contest information, promotions or information concerning your order.
- Civant Skin Care may use the information you provide in an aggregate form for internal business and planning purposes, such as generating demographic data and statistics or developing marketing plans.
- Civant Skin Care may collect, store and accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of our websites, such as information regarding which of our pages, brand sites, contests or promotions are most popular. Civant Skin Care may share or transfer such non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees or partners.
- Civant Skin Care may disclose information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. In the event of any on-line purchases, Civant Skin Care may exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations to process or fulfill orders submitted by you and for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
- Civant Skin Care may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our websites, track traffic patterns and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
Do We Share the Information We Receive?
Information about our customers is an important part of Civant Skin Care business. However, Civant Skin Care is not in the business of selling our database to others. We share customer information only with subsidiaries we control, affiliates or specific business partners or agents and only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: Civant Skin Care works closely with other business partners including our licensors. In some cases, these businesses operate stores or separate websites linked to our websites or will want to send offerings to you, but only when you tell us/them to by opting to receive partner information. You can tell when another business/partner is involved in a promotion and we only share customer information with that business when you tell us by opting-in.
- Agents: Civant Skin Care employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions. However, they are not authorized by Civant Skin Care to use it for other purposes or provide it to anyone else.
- Protection of Civant Skin Care and Others: Civant Skin Care reserves its right to release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third Parties: Civant Skin Care may retain other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include data analyses firms, customer support specialists, fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that fill product orders or coordinate mailings, sweepstakes, contests or promotions) and web-hosting companies. Such third parties may be provided with access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions. However, they are not authorized by Civant Skin Care to use such information for any other purpose or transfer it to anyone else.
Choice - Opt Out
If you receive any future e-mailings from Civant Skin Care, you may opt out of these mailings at any time by clicking on a link in the e-mail you receive. Our e-mail practices are designed to comply with the United States Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (the “CAN-SPAM Act”).
Our websites are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Civant Skin Care will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain accounts or memberships for, any child whom Civant Skin Care knows to be under the age of 13. Civant Skin Care does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Civant Skin Care various brand websites are designed to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. In that regard, we seek parental permission before collecting personal information from anyone under the age of fourteen.
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit Civant Skin Care brand sites, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes and application of the laws of the State of Illinois in the USA. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also. The use of information that Civant Skin Care gathers is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. Civant Skin Care may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes that have been posted.
All pages where you provide personal credit card information use Secure Server Software (SSL) encryption technology. SSL is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure transactions. Civant Skin Care uses secure technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information.